Posted on November 27, 2019 at 09:53 am
by Kent White
Typical day will be 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Candidate must be willing to start early or end late on occasion in order to satisfy customer meeting requests. Position will work out of our Portage, MI location but will spend over 50% of their time out of the office meeting with current and potential customers.
A Data Guardian Account Manager is responsible for sales and customers management related activities for Data Guardian products and services. Account Managers are responsible for growing the business and developing the necessary relationships with customers to develop and cultivate new leads, all while representing the company with the utmost professionalism and customer service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Present and sell Data Guardian products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Generate and follow-up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Maintain sales materials and current knowledge of services, NAID requirements, and industry standards and laws.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and enter new clients.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up activities.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate with company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role-Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- Assist in providing on-the-job training to new sales employees.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires travel and may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s and good driving record.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
Kalamazoo X-Ray Sales, Inc. is a local, family-owned and operated medical imaging service, sales, and supply company based in Kalamazoo, MI since its inception in 1968. Kalamazoo X-Ray Sales, Inc. is also the parent company to Data Guardian, a NAID Certified information management company founded in 2004 specializing in document destruction, scanning, and records storage and management.
As a company, we are committed to excellence, integrity, flexibility, and positivity for ourselves and our associates. If you feel you embody these traits and possess the skills required to excel in our organization, we encourage you to view our current openings.